Friday, April 15, 2011

life happenings.

So many good things going on in life. So many times I have started blog posts in my head but haven't gotten around to actually typing them out.

As usual, our family has been busy. A recent fun activity we did was the Awana Grand Prix race. I'm sure none of you know what this is. I didn't know either until recently. Our kids go to a children's program called awana. (it's sort of like the Christian version of brownies/beavers). There are different activities. Last week was the car race. All the kids had been given wooden blocks to turn into cars and then the cars race down this premade track. The previous week I had gotten the cars cut and told the kids to paint them however they wanted. Then Kevin attached the wheels (not so easy...lots of glue required). We arrive at race night to discover that many kids and parents alike were SERIOUS about this race. Cans of WD40 were everywhere as parents were greasing up the kids wheels. Several false starts occurred as parents disputed whether their child's car was properly lined up on the track. Many cars were designed in fun and detailed ways. I found it mildly humerous but at the same time worried that my kids would freak out that their car was substandard. Fortunately Nathaniel only watched his car when it was racing so in his mind he won every race since he only watched one car. Michelle noticed that she came last in every race but was easily distracted by timbits. Ethan busied himself by adding washers to his car to give it extra weight and he told me later that he had lots of fun. I was thankful that no wheels fell off. This is just one of the examples where as parents we worry and fret and don't enjoy something as much as we should. The kids had a good time even though I was having small fits that everything took so LONG and my kids should be home in bed and worried that I didn't do my parental duty by researching aerodynamic race car designs.

Anyway, the awana car race is just one of the activities we've been busy with lately.

Speaking of being busy, I have been cutting paper for upcoming clubs and workshops and noticed that I had lots of very vanilla scraps. Here's a three minute super easy card I did just because I wanted to use the beautiful springtime vintage paper and my very vanilla scraps.

Try it! It's not hard to make a 3 minute card.

I really wanted to put a rhinestone bling thing on the middle flower but that would've taken four minutes and I really couldn't spare the time. Grin.


Not quite navy and baja breeze is a great combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment