Friday, April 7, 2017

Highlights

Yesterday was another exciting day! I was able to visit the Canadian Stampin Up office. I've been eager to visit ever since I heard they renovated it a few years ago.  

Having been to the home office in Utah, I knew it would not be so grand as that but being a Canadian I just wanted to see the Canadian office. 
It was much larger than I anticipated. In our Canadian office there are only two staff members:the manager Dale Hampshire and his assistant Carrie so I didn't expect it to be as spacious as it was. 
Here's some photos.  This is the reception area. They had every catalogue since Canada's inception on display. 
 

Boy seeing those catalogues really brought back memories! I remember the first stampin party I was invited to where I bought my very first stamp set called greetings galore. 
 

My friend Rose started several years before me almost right when Stampin Up came to Canada. Her first set was some kind of Christmas hedgehog set!
 

I remembered a phase that Stampin up went through where they had two main catalogue releases per year. Spring and fall. Boy I'm glad they got rid of that. I remember feeling like I was on a constant roller coaster "so exciting, New catalogue yay hooray!" Then a few months later "get em before they are gone...retiring list is out. These beauties are leaving sob sob sob"   Then " new catalogue is out hooray..." well you get the idea. 
 

As you proceed past the reception area you see loads of pretty cards on display. 
 
 
Then you reach the stamp room at the back. Giant windows flood this room with natural light and the set up of the room just makes you want to sit down and play with stamping stuff! 
 

I met Maureen and Shelley who help with making anniversary and welcome cards for Canadian demonstrators. I think Maureen is the coordinator of all the helpers. I believe she said they made 700 cards last month! 
Wow! 
 
I had told Dale that I would be more than happy to help with anything when I came to the office. He said there would be something I could help with. I assumed it would be to help Maureen with stamping the anniversary cards. Nope. Dale thought it would be great if I designed the welcome card for May newcomers to stampin up. Whaatttt? Designing is not my forte. Fortunately after almost ten years as a demonstrator I have learned to create from scratch a little bit. However there are so many great ideas on Pinterest I am very happy to CASE ideas much of the time. 
I didn't want to let anyone down since Dale and Maureen looked so excited about the idea. Off to the stamp room to play! 
Here's what I came up with (with the support of Rose, Maureen and Shelley)
I thought the bright melon mambo and silver glimmer paper would make the new stampin Up demonstrators feel cheerful and welcome. Do you agree?
 
Although I could have stayed at the office stamping all day, Rose had plans to take me to Banff National Park for a bit of sightseeing. 

Here's some pictures. Rose was such a sweetheart to drive. She packed driving snacks. Chips. Does she know me? Or does she know me? 
 
 

The mountains were breathtaking. 
 
   
Today I am going to stay in my hotel room, finish my swap cards and then get ready for the Centre Stage dinner tonight. 
Thanks for dropping in! I love being your Stampin Up demonstrator! 

No comments:

Post a Comment