Friday, May 19, 2017

Farewell Scotland, Hello Home!

I"m now home safe and sound!  Here's some more photos of my Scotland adventures and what I've been up to since I've been home.

Lee-Ann was kind enough to take us on an overnight getaway to the Scottish highlands simply because she loves the scenery and wanted to share it with us.

On the drive up we stopped for afternoon tea,

took many photographs of the stunning mountain scenary...

And finally arrived in the town of Braemar and checked into a cute hotel. I thought this hotel room was perfect for 3 girls on a girlfriend getaway!  The beds were so cute...like goldilocks and the three bears!

It was a short drive from the hotel to Balmoral Castle...the retreat home for the Royal Family.  We spent a lot of time there exploring the grounds and learning about the history of the Royal Family.

The trip went by so fast!  Soon we were heading back to Lee-Ann's country home but stopped to check out one of the many mysterious stone circles that are dotted throughout the country side.  This one is much smaller than the famous Stonehenge but still very impressive.

We celebrated Lee-Ann's birthday and then off to bed to get ready for our early flight home.

The beautiful sunrise was our farewell to Scotland.


I was happy to be home and I was greeted by my family and all these deliveries!

I still haven't gotten around to unpacking the boxes yet but hopefully today!

Yesterday was my 21st wedding anniversary.  Hubby and I snuck out for a lovely date night at a local seafood restaurant. It's amazing how time flies!

The girlfriends getaway and my anniversary reminded me that perhaps the next 20 years may also go by in a blink of an eye!  I'm feeling determined to make each day count!

Now that I'm back home it's time to do some serious gearing up for the new Stampin' Up! catalogue that goes live in less than two weeks! 

Seems like as good a time as any to introduce you to the new in colours.  I've been playing with the colours and I think my favourite is possibly Berry Burst but Fresh Fig is in the running as well.  

What do you think your favourite in colour will be? 

Make sure to come out and stamp with me soon so you can see these colours in person! 

No comments:

Post a Comment