Friday, May 12, 2017

Scotland Adventures

I'm having a relaxing time on vacation.  It's something special to be able to go on a girlfriends getaway...especially when you're with girl friends that have known you for 25 years.

Gloria and I were very blessed to have super smooth flights to Scotland.  After being awake most of the night (those airplane seats are not the best for sleeping) , we arrived in Aberdeen.

We were thrilled to be reunited

Look! Lee-Ann is the hostess with the mostest!  I received a cute little pillow gift on my bed! (She knows all about my stamping addiction and fell in love herself when she came to visit one year and I brought her with me to a private class)


Gloria brought lots of treats from Canada that Lee-Ann can't get in Scotland. Shake and bake, jello, Lee Kum Kee chicken sauce (which we used to eat together when we roomed together at university)

Lee-Ann enjoys cooking and she cooked a delicious dinner.  She made everything look so easy.  I need to learn how to cook like her.  The home cooked food made Gloria and I feel so welcome.












Lee Ann took us for a walk to the beach. Apparently it never gets warm enough that people sun on the beach but it was a refeshing walk and we were treated to seeing a whole lot of seals.

When we got home we ate homemade Rhubarb crumble (Lee-Ann picked the rhubarb from her garden earlier in the day. ) Then Lee-Ann decided to make a sweet nut bread so that she could bake it for breakfast the next morning.
I sort of feel like I'm in the twilight zone.  (a good and happy twilight zone where I am very well fed...but a twilight zone nonetheless)
In my world I would never just suddenly decided to make bread from scratch.  Especially after making a rhubarb crumble and a big dinner that involved 3 different sides such as candied walnuts and carrots, homemade stuffing and roasted crispy potatoes.


In addition to being well fed, I get to enjoy staying with great girlfriends at this beautiful country retreat called Greystones which is Lee-Ann's home. I know this girlfriends getaway will pass quickly so I shall enjoy every minute!
Thanks for dropping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment