Saturday, December 16, 2017

Holiday happenings with the Kos

What a wonderful time of year it is. In my life it’s a time of much crafting and service and time with family and friends. 

There have been so many Stampin Up! Things going on that I haven’t had much time to share what’s been going on in other parts of my life. 
It’s been full of good things! 

Our tradition of buying a Christmas tree from ikea lives on! It’s become a family outing/tradition that we go have a meal at IKEA and then go out to the parking lot to choose a tree. The only sad thing this year was that my eldest was not with us. Now that he’s a full blown teenager he’s got a part time job and lots of school work and not much free time with us. 







So that’s why I had to take a family photo when my son was actually able to join us for a movie outing. 



 We went to see the movie Wonder. I loved the book on so many levels. It’s a fictional story about a child with a facial disfigurement and has always been home schooled until grade 5 when his parents decide to send him to school. The book shares this child’s journey as he adjusts to this change. It’s a story about his personal growth and interaction with friends and how his family adapts and changes and grows as well.  I won’t lie. I cried through most of the movie. I was either feeling the pain of the parents as they sent their special son off to school or I was crying because I was so sad for the main character when he was being mocked for his facial differences and I imagined what it would be like if it were my child.  I’m sure my heart was not so vulnerable before I became a mom but now there’s no turning back. Parts of my heart are out there walking in the world and I pray that the world will be kind to my kids or if not, that my children will have the courage and strength to be brave and courageous and still live to be all they were created to be. 
Here’s some other photos of late: 
Nativity night dinner celebration at church 








Helping at our church food pantry to pack food boxes for needy people in our community. Although the shelves were initially stocked, by the time we had packed all the boxes, the shelves were pretty bare! I would love to do a non perishable food drive to help restock those shelves in our church basement! 








We attended a Chris Tomlin Christmas concert at Massey Hall. With wonderful music, our family took the time to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas: that God came near to us through Jesus. 






Of course there is stamping going on in the craft cave! It’s swap making time for the new catalogue goodies! 
I can’t wait to show you all that’s new! 

That’s a long enough update for now. I hope you are all enjoying the activities this season. Remember to mark the date of January 3rd for my annual customer appreciation event! 

No comments:

Post a Comment