Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Petal Passion Memories & More Valentines

Happy Valentines Day!  It's a day to celebrate love, and friendship!
Valentines day came so quickly this year!  I admit (with my head down in shame) that I did not facilitate any class set of gifts for the kids this year.
There were some intentions but the intentions did not get as far as planning any particular project.  It doesn't help that the kids are not allowed to bring any food items at all.

Once the kids left for school, I went to my physio appointment and then headed off to ski.  Since I had such positive ski experience last winter, I wanted to make sure to ski again this year.  Kevin bought me a groupon for a local ski resort.  I decided since there was snow on the ground and the sun was shining AND it was my sabbath rest day, I should definitely use the groupon today.



The Skyloft ski resort was basically empty.  It is a small resort and there aren't many runs but I enjoyed my time although I was a tad nervous of falling and not having anyone around to help me up.  Kevin kept texting me asking how I was doing.  He asked for selfies so he could see for himself that I was doing okay.  Isn't that sweet and supportive?

Since I was busy skiing, there wasn't much time to plot my Valentines gifts for the family.

However I did not want to let the day pass without some special token so the kids would be reminded how much I loved them.

I bought a Red Velvet Cake and had it personalized with the words: You are loved.
I wanted the family to know that they were loved by me and by God.


For the record the cake was from Loblaws and it was very very tasty.  

After I came home from skiing and buying the cake, I headed right down to the craft cave to make cards for the family.  
I'll just share the card I made for Kevin.  I made a different card for each member of the family.  


The Petal Passion Memories and More card was the highlight on this card.  I felt the sentiment was perfectly suited for Kevin.  He is super supportive whether I want to take a day to ski by myself or if I need his hep bringing stampin' supplies I forgot to class. 

I stamped on the Memories and More Card with the coordinating Petal Palette Stamp set. 

I had to jazz the card up somehow so Kevin would know it's an extra special card so a piece of silver foil embossed with the Hexagons dynamic Embossing folder did the trick. 

The Memories and more card packs have lots of uses! 
Check out the video below for today's Watch it Wednesday.  The supply list is also below.  Just click on any of the images to take you to my online store. 
Enjoy!  





Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment