Friday, March 16, 2018

Shiny Congratulations

We are still on March Break mode here!  I am pretty much ready for school to be back in session.  However, I was reminded by someone who's kids are grown that she wishes she had the noise of the kids around since now her home is so quiet.
I know I need to enjoy this time with the kids since they grow up so fast.  I'm trying!  :-)

We made pecan pie a couple of days ago to celebrate Pi day (3.14)


I had never made Pecan pie before and we only made it because we went to the grocery store to buy a pecan pie and they didn't have any!??  So I quickly got on pinterest, found a recipe and instead purchased the items to make a pie.  

Kevin saw my pies that I had posted on facebook.  He was thrilled because he felt this was absolute proof that he has converted me to his corny, scientific humour.  

Maybe I just needed an excuse to eat pecan pie.  

Anyway, I digress.  I wanted to show you a card I made last week for a Team S.T.I.C girl who worked very hard and advanced to the next Stampin' Up! title of Silver. 

I felt a silver type card was in order 


I silver embossed the outline of the congratulations and I used that awesome silver washi tape that is part of the Myths and Magic Suite. I'll try to post the supply list below. 

Because this team member is Irish, I decided to use some Emerald Envy on the card too. 

I had fun making this card! The multi-step Amazing congratulations stamp set is VERY interesting and I love all the different sentiments. 
I used the simple stripes embossing folder to add some interest on the card base.  (ps. that embossing folder can be obtained for FREE with your $60 order)


Thanks for dropping in!  3 more days till my hubby gets home. (but who's counting?) 




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment